You know how it evolves, you make a couple of layouts from a few sheets of papers and you end up with all the bits. You think to yourself " It's a shame to waste these". This is what I was thinking of after doing the second layout out of the My Little Shoe Box Garden Party papers that I used yesterday.
Having finished Sophie's Look at Me page I had this inspiration of making a sort of patchwork layout, similar to what we did at Louise's class at the retreat.
I should have known better after how long it took me to make the page from the class! Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the cutting and fiddling, not so much the measuring that was involved but it was sooooo time consuming.I'm not sure if I would make a habit of this but I was pleased at how the page eventually turned out.
The photos are not the best as they were taken with my point and shoot at Pizza Express on the day of Emily's eleventh birthday - I forgot to take my other camera ! She wanted a laptop for her birthday and she was told that if she did have one she had to forgo a proper party with her friends as laptops costs more that the normal birthday pressie and the cost of a party on top of that was far too expensive. She was happy to do this so we all went to Pizza Express for tea just to make the day a little special for her.
Anyhow here's the layout :
and this is the one of Sophie. The photo was taken a couple of months ago when she worked out how to move one foot in front of the other and found she could walk with the support of the baby walker. She walks everywhere now though but we're still waiting for the teeth to appear! I've never known any children at 15½ months with no teeth!!!! I'm beginning to wonder if she'll ever get any, bless her !
On to the next set of papers I took to the retreat and not used now. I'm determined that this stash is not going to be put back from where it came from !


Two pretty pages Gwyneth. I love the banner you have added to bottom of the first one :)
ReplyDeleteStunning pages Gwyneth! I LOVE the first one, so much to look at and the second one is so cute. Gosh she is late with her teeth bless her.
ReplyDeleteOh Gwyneth, just love these LOs! Mmm... I know what you mean about taking it of time, I usually get side-tracked! Jill x
ReplyDelete