Saturday, 14 April 2012

I should be gardening!

Well I should really be gardening, the sun is out and the weeds are growing BUT there's a slight chill in the air so I decided that it was far better that I stayed indoors and scrap ! If you believe that then you're as bad as I am!! Yes, the sun is out and the weeds are growing but I wouldn't truthfully say it's chilly so it isn't really the reason that I'm scrapping - I'm scrapping because I'd much rather do that than clear the weeds LOL
I was surfing UKScrappers yesterday and came across a thread about the on-line crop that Shimelle was holding over on her blog.Nipped over to have a look at what it was all about and the first prompt looked rather interesting.
Requirement was to scraplift/take as much inspiration as you wanted to from a page byJaime Warren
Now I really liked the idea of scattering embellishments across the page and I also liked the placements that Jaimie had used on her page.
So the inspiration came for my page from the scattering of the embellishments, although I don't think I've scattered them that much. I also followed the placement of Jaimie's elements. I had to adjust mine slightly as I was using a portrait photo but it's not that far off the mark I don't think.
I've used some of the newly released My Mind's Eye Follow you Heart Be Amazing range of papers.I added a few other bits from stash such as the buttons and twine, cut out an extra couple of the kites from some spare paper to give the page a bit of dimention, stamped and cut out a couple of birdies, again to give the page some dimention and to follow the scattering of embelishment theme. I also found a very very old frame again by My Minds Eye whilst I was rummaging through my stash so I used that to frame the photo.
I must admit I've really enjoyed this challenge, mainly because I'm not really a scatterer ( is that a word?) I tend to cluster my embellishments on the whole but I will certainly have a re-think on any future pages I'll be doing.
Do pop over to Shimelle's blog,it's running all over the week-end with different challenges over the three days and there's prizes too !!! You don't have to do all the challenges over the three days, you have until next week-end to upload your pages if you do decide to join in so there's no pressure.

Here's the page that Jaimie made


and this is what I came up with :

5 comments:

  1. Great LO again Gwyneth. I felt guilty about scrapping with all the weeds growing etc and went outside!! I was very productive as well. Tied back the cordon fruit and had a general tidy up - feeling very noble now!!! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame on you get that gardening done, cannot have you enjoying yourself scrapping and having fun, love your layout, love all the embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame on you get that gardening done, cannont have you enjoying yourself scrapping and having fun, can we.?
    Love your layout, like the placement of the embellies and another great photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pretty kites! Really a perfect color combo for a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say the garden can wait! lol Fab page love the twine with the kites, looks great :)

    ReplyDelete