Monday, 16 April 2012

Scrap with Yellow, Grey and one other colour.

The challenges have been coming thick & fast over at Shimelle's blog during the whole week-end. I've not been able to keep up with them all and I've not done 2 and 3 but jumped to number 4. There's 16 of them now !!! The main reason for this was that I had just the paper that would fullfill this challenge - to use yellow and grey with one other colour. What better paper could anyone have than the recently released Pink Paislee Indigo Bleu - totally yellow & grey which I bought last month at the Sarah's Cards Retreat!
I very rarely scrap in yellow, not sure why as I do like it.
I chose a teal/turqoise/ duck egg whatever you like to call it as my " one other colour" a particular favourite colour of mine !
I've done a bit of distressing, a bit of stamping here and there, inked a few edges and added the obligatory butterflies LOL I even found some very very old skelaton leaves from my stash. I have no idea how many years I've had them LOL
Here's what I finally came up with.

I printed a little poem about Granddaughters that I found on the internet ages ago as my journalling and stamped a decorative frame around it before I cut it out.

I've got some sewing to do now - Jack's name tapes in his cricket kit, ready for going back to school tomorrow. Can't have him going to school with no name tapes on his kit, you'd never see it again!! He has a habit of forgetting that what he's just taken off in the changing room needs to be put back in his kit bag before he leaves and not left there LOL
Not to worry though I can still do a few more of the challenges during the week as you have until the end of the week to upload them to the blog.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Gwyneth, what a great LO, just love all those layers and the distressing, its gorgeous! Great papers too. Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwyneth this is beautiful! I love the colour combination and all the layers and details are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Gwyneth, love the colours look so fresh, layers and flowers are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An absolutely beautiful page Gwyneth. The teal looks lovely with the grey/yellow :)

    ReplyDelete