Sunday, 22 April 2012
Challenge 2 with Shimelle
The second challenge that was on Shimelle's blog last week-end was to use three different manufacturers papers on your page. Now I don't normally scrap with paper from different manufacturers on one page so this was quite a challenge for me. I normally like my patterned papers to be all matching/from the same range.The only time I go looking for anything else is if I just wanted a small filler for punched flowers or a journalling square or something similar. I spend enough time with a photo in one hand, delving through my papers, which are mostly kept within the " range" without having to go delving from one manufacturer to the other picking papers ! Taking the easy way out I hear you say LOL !
So this time, still with my photo in one hand whilst looking through my " don't belong anywhere" pile of papers I started searching. In actual fact it wasn't as time consuming as I thought it would be and soon came up with three manufacturers that would fit the bill and would match the photo I was scrapping.Better still, they all came from my partly used pile. That was good, I've use some of my bits up !
The three manufacturers are My Minds Eye Fine & Dandy for the scalloped border down the bottom, Lily Bee Memorandum for the turquoise blue that is under the photo and a couple of very old sheets of 6 x 6 by Sassafas Sweet Marmalade that I cut up to make the sun and to decorate the journal block on the left of the page.
So all in all I was pretty pleased with myself and happy with the end result even if it is a very unusual style for me.My pages are usually more heavily embellished than this !
This is probably the last page I'll have time to upload before the deadline tonight but I will go through the challenges one by one at a later day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great page Gwyneth and even better using up some bits!! Jill x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous page Gwyneth, Love how you have used the bits!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a bright fun page! luv how u did the sun
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun bright page :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous page.
ReplyDelete