Believe it or not, for all the time I've been scrapping, I've never been to a crop !I've been to two retreats but never a crop. To be honest with you I couldn't quite get the attraction of having to pack virtually everything but the kitchen sink ( incase you needed it!)drive to where ever, and do what you could easily have done, in the comfort of your own homes, with all your supplies at your fingertips.
Anyhow a couple of weeks ago I was persuaded to go to the Merly Impressions crop day which was being held a couple of miles up the road from me.
I packed my tote with all that I could think I needed - took me a while as I kept remembering things that I hadn't put in !!!
Off I went with some new found courage - I'm not the best at walking into a room full of people on my own !
To cut a long story short I had a fantastic day and I can't understand why it's taken me so long to go to one.
The hall was spacious ( but I knew that, as I know the hall ) the shop was to die for - Merly Impressions,which made a bit of a dent in my bank balance ! the company was great, there was a fab kit and instructions for making two layouts that Chrissy had designed.The kit was made up of this collection with enough in the kit to make both layouts and tea, coffee and some yummy cakes were on tap.
I did make a couple of changes to this one by adding a few more flowers - well I'd already cut them all out so I wasn't going to waste them! I also added a corner stamp on the matting behind the photo as I couldn't wait to try out my new stamps( note I did say stamps, this one is only one of them ! ) that I had bought there !
I had a really lovely day, only got one layout done (note to self " must stop chatting ")but I did make up the other yesterday.
Can't wait now until January for the next one.


Beautiful layouts Gwyneth, so glad you had a great day too, lovely collection of papers too.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful pages Gwyneth! I especially LOVE the second one, so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLovely pages Gwyneth, the colours are beautiful - yes you need to to do "less chat" and more scrap to get anything done at a crop lol!
ReplyDeleteHi Gwyneth,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you had a great time at the Merly Crop, it was lovely to see you there. I love what you have done with all the other goodies you bought, your Chanteuse layouts are beautiful !!!
Hope to see you in January, take care,
Chrissy. xXx