Friday, 18 May 2012

First layout from my new kit !

As you can imagine I couldn't wait to cut into this new kit I received the other day from My Creative Scrapbooking but there was also a small part of me that just wanted to sit there to look and stroke it all LOL. I finally did take the plunge though and this is what I came up with. This kit is so generous with the amount of The Websters pattern paper you get and if you're careful where you cut I'll have a quite few pages out of it when I've finished. With carefully gutting the inside of the pink backing paper I was able to mat my photo's with the cut outs. I stamped a flourish to bring a little more interest to the matting and distressed and inked the edges.I carefully cut round the fairy frame and tucked the matted photo under one corner.I cut some of the flower vines from another sheet and used these together with a couple of Prima Parisa flowers and some tiny roses.Both lots of flowers were included in the kit.I used two punches, the cherish punch around the page for the pink and an EK success one for the "fan" shaped used down the right side of the photo and as a tuck in in the top right corner.Another strip was used down the right bottom corner just to bring some colour into this part of the page. I also stamped and punched a few butterflies to finish the page off. I adore this photo of Sophie that I took last month on one of my impromtu photo shoots that she has to put up with - I'm sure by now that she must say to herself " Oh no, she's got that black thing in her hand again" LOL Here's the finished page and a couple of close ups.
Not much scrapbooking today though as I need to pop into town to get Jack's birthday present, he will be 8 on Sunday - time flies!

1 comment:

  1. Gwyneth this is stunning! I LOVE how you have used this kit and that photo is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete