Oh dear I'm not very good at keeping up with this blog just lately !
I haven't done any crafting for a couple of weeks as real life just gets in the way sometimes. I plan to do things and then the phone rings......"Mum, can you/are you busy......." I'm sure some of you can relate to these moments !!!!
Well the latest request was for one of my tried & trusted thank you teachers quote books for Jack's teacher.
Ordered some lovely My Mind's Eye 6 x 6 paper pads from here from the Stella Rose collection, one in the Hattie range and the other in the Gertie Range, I do so love My Minds' Eye! DD1 wanted the book in the Gertie collection so this is what I came up with :-
Having got into using the paper & glue again I then went ahead and made two LO's yesterday.
The first one, I'm ashamed to say, has been waiting to be done since 2008 when both DD's and their families went to Florida. The photos were all ready,I just hadn't got round to doing anything with them !! I really need to get going with the other 100 or so that are still in the box at somepoint !
The second one is of Molly at Northampton Festival doing a perfect split in her modern dance. The photograph isn't mine, you're not allowed to take any but they do have an official photographer there who is suppose to be a professional. Hmmmm by the quality of the photos I had to pay £4 each for that description is a bit questionable I think. Can't be helped, they were worth it just to see her " in action" so to speak.
Now on to saga of the LO......I saw a lovely LO on Sarah's Cards blog here a couple of weeks ago by Rachael Elliot and thought to myself " Oh I have those papers" so off I went with the intention of scraplifting this gorgeous LO ! - Firstly yes, I did have SOME of the papers - 3 sheets of the same paper from one LO and one sheets from the other LO !!!! I decided to take a bit of this from one and take a bit of that from the other and made it up as I went along with the minimum stash I had to play with !!! So I think the moral of this story is, if you're going to scraplift such a beautiful LO do make sure you have the goods to do so first. So acknowledgement to Rachael for the inspiration and scraplifting to make a two into one LO !









lol your page looks stunning Gwyneth, those papers are just gorgeous aren't they. Love your photo too!
ReplyDeleteGreat mini book and you other page is gorgeous, so bright and summery.
Welcome back Gwyneth!! I love your little teachers book and all the fabulous quotes etc in it. Your layouts are lovely , really love your scraplift 2 into 1 layout.lol!!
ReplyDeleteThe quote book is fabulous Gwyneth.
ReplyDeleteThe dance photo LO is just stunning.
Toni xx
Gorgeous pages Gwyneth - and the mini book is fab, lucky teacher!! xxx
ReplyDeleteStunning mini book, love those papers. Your Layout is stunning and gorgeous photo.
ReplyDeleteCarol x