Monday, 21 February 2011

A very Green LO !

After umming & arring about the papers in the February kit being very vintage and I was stuck for photos, I'm pleased to say that I quite enjoy working with them now :) Here's the 2nd LO I made. This came together quite quickly after I finally remembered I had a photo of my Mum taken, I'm gusssing, when she was about 21. She would have been a 100 years old this coming August but she passed away in 1970 at the age of 59.
The title is from a poem I remember seeing on one of the family history sites quite some time ago. I can't even remember how the poem goes to be honest with you but I do remember it being about a mother being the key to this persons past.I wished I had made a copy of it but all I did at the time was put it in a little book that I keep titles for when I have a light bulb moment, normally when I'm doing something else rather than scrapbooking !! The lock & Key that came with the kit was what inspired me and reminded me of the poem.
I've stamped the bottom right hand corner of the green paper with a very large corner stamp. I very rarely use this stamp as it is quite big and not suitable for a lot of LO's because of the design. It was in one of those 12 x 12 acrylic stamp kits that I can't even remember who made them now.The frame around the photo was stamped with another from the same kit.The title was cut on the Cricut out of the Storybook cart and the large green flower was made out of grungepaper, coloured with promarkers and cut with the Tim Holtz tattered flower die.

I've been making flowers all morning for my 3rd LO using papers from the same kit. This at the moment is a work in progress so pop round tomorrow and it might be finished !!!

7 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous page Gwyneth, got to love those Tim Holtz floral dies they look great everytime!!
    Looking forward to seeing what your third page is like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gwyneth another great page. I am still playing about with my first one. I will have to get my finger out. lol!!! Like Rachael I will await LO #3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that's lovely. It's inspired me to dig out some old photos and scraplift - hope it doesn't end up a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, that's lovely. It's inspired me to dig out some old photos and scraplift a little (or a lot!) Hope it doesn't turn into a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one too Gwyneth, love the stamping and everything really. The photo of your mum is gorgeous! she had a lovely smile that seems to have been passed on to your daughters too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely photo to be able to scrap - great LO Gwyneth.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning LO Gwyneth, fab flowers.

    CarolX

    ReplyDelete