Emily my eldest grand-daughter had to have a "new" (to her) tutu for the recent Dance Festival as she's outgrown her other one. It's fortunate that my daughter can hire them from the stock that the Dance School has, they cost about £200 to buy !!!! She dances very well and holds her own on stage but isn't quite in the same league as her younger sister who makes it a mission in life at the moment to collect medals & silver cups!!! Molly has far more stage presence than Emily has and by far a more confident performer. My heart goes out to Emily at times though, she always misses out by that one mark to receive a placing, bless her.So I like to scrap her little moments too.
I've used papers from a very old ( April 2010) kit that I had from Sarah's cards by GCD Studios called the Ava Collection.I'm not a lover of yellow for scrapbooking, not sure why really as I do like the colour very much, but not in scrapping! I wasn't sure about what to do with the large butterfly paper either so I cut the butterflies out and used as a layered embelishment.
Wow!! you have done wonders with this kit (I have problems with it too)Love how you have used it. Gorgeous page!!
ReplyDeleteLove this kit and lo! I am keeping it for that special photo lol
ReplyDeletexx
Gorgeous Gwyneth!
ReplyDeletePerfect papers for the photo! You see, you knew that if you kept the kit for a while you would 'need' the contents at some point. Lovely LO, Gwyneth.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful LO.
ReplyDelete£200+ for a tutu - WOW - I was lucky enough to have my Mum able to make all mine as I was growning up and I had quite a selection.
Toni xx
Hoped over from your comment on the UKS thread, it's gorgeous! Your pages really are lovely :) Nat xxx
ReplyDeleteOld kit or not it was perfect to go with the tutu! I've still got some from 2009 to use up yet (hides head in shame!) Beautiful page Gwyneth :)
ReplyDelete