Wednesday, 13 June 2012

June Sketch Challenge

Ha ha this looks as if I'm pimping Sarah's Cards blog posting two posts in a row about their sketch challenge. I was thrilled at the week-end to learn that I won last months challenge. Now I have a nice voucher to have a little spend, can't be bad can it? Anyhow I really liked the sketch that was up for this month and I've been dying to cut up some of the Websters to use the window frame from one of the papers.This sketch was just the job for using it to frame Sophie's photo that I took the other day when her Mum had attempted to put her hair up in bunches. I have a suspicion, that as she grows older, her hair will quite often be in bunches to keep it under control as it's turning out to be really curly at the back - just like her Mum! Oh and for the ones that follow my blog - Sophie has at last got her 1st tooth - could be near a record, she's nearly 18 months !! I did some intricate cutting of the flowers from another 12 x 12 to frame up one side backed by a punched trellis from one of Martha Stewart border punches. I also cut the little house from another piece - this is starting to sound like a jigsaw puzzle LOL.It wasn't far from one by the time I had finished with all my cut out bits! Why not pop over to Sarah's Cards blog and have a little go, you have plenty of time. Here's the sketch I had to work with: and here's what I came up with:

8 comments:

  1. Adorable photo and layout, Gwyneth. I am enjoying seeing all your cute grandkits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is she? Lovely layout.I love WP but with 2 boys I rarely get the chance to use them. I'm looking to adopt a surrogate girl just for the purpose of scrapbooking!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful layout and gorgeous photo, love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Gwyneth, I saw you had won the challenge and I absolutely love this LO for the next challenge!! Hope you are ok. Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the win - I really loved that page! This one is really pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on winning last month. What a cute photograph and showcased in a beautiful layout x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie indeed!! Lovely page. Thanks for joining in the challenge (and pimping it too lol)

    ReplyDelete