Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Project Life

Anyone that scraps can't help but come across all the internet posts on forums and blogs discussing this project that was devised by Becky Higgins some three years ago now but seems to have really taken off in the UK this year. I think the main reason for this was the fact that it was virtually impossible to buy the kit here, there wasn't a UK distributor and to have it shipped from the US really wasn't viable because of the high postage costs, the complete kit is very heavy. They've sorted that now as they have a Canadian company that are distrubuting from a UK warehouse.
I was a very lucky scrapper to get my hands on one of the original kits three years ago by the generosity of my neighbours daughter, who brought one over as a gift for me from Canada when she was visiting her parents. The same person that got me into scrapping in the first place on one of her previous visits. So a big thank you to Carol a. for the kit but most of all for encouraging me to take up such an enjoyable hobby.
I feel quite ashamed though because it's taken me so long to get this album going but at last I'm on the case!
Unlike some crafters out there that are doing this as a weekly project, I've decided to do this as a monthly one, highlighting the special things that happen during the months to come. Things that I probably wouldn't make a "stand alone" layout about but would like to record the memory. My life isn't that interesting on a day to day basis to have enough to document a weekly one to be honest.
This is my " introduction" page where I've briefly journalled how I came to be doing this.

January is a month in progress, the progress should be quite swift once I get the photos printed! I'm making notes of things that have happened during February so that I don't forget the little day to day things. I'm taking this as it comes so to speak.Depending on how busy a month I've had will reflect in how many double pages of journalling/photos I'll make. Some months will have more pages than others and could very well end up to be a weekly document, who knows we'll have to wait and see !

If you fancy a go yourself you don't actually have to purchase the official kit, you can use your own stash. American Crafts and We are memory keepers make a good selection of divided page protectors.
Do have a look at Becky Higgins' blog if you want to read more about it.

5 comments:

  1. Great start to your album.

    I've heard lots of folk discussing 'Project Life' but hadn't really grasped what it all meant or involved.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Gwyneth, very different from your usual scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel almost famous!
    If it's any consellation, my kit is also gathering dust!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start to PL. Look forward to seeing your January pages soon. And thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. I didn't say what year the kit was from as I couldn't remember lol! I have three Jan kits to use up so I've still got 2009 and 2010 to go! Oops!

    ReplyDelete