Monday, 27 February 2012

February's Sarah's Cards Kit.

My February's kit arrived a week ago, the Authentique Splendid Collection.The quality of Authentique paper is second to non in my opinion. Although I like most of the papers included in the kit I must admit there are one or two that I might not have chosen if I was shopping for it myself, they're just not my kind of designs. One of them in particular is the "Brilliance". One side I like but the other side really isn't me but I challenged myself to use that side in particular on this LO of Molly making her Brownie Promise. One of the journal cards was too white for what I needed so I inked that up with some TH Distress Ink -Brushed Corduroy. I haven't filled the details of who, what, where as yet as I couldn't be bothered to then have to blur it all out to load on here !I also used some AC brown thickers for the title as the yellow alphas that came with the kit would have got lost on the background colour of the cardstock. Now that I've finished the page that paper has grown on me !

The second LO I've used the Magnificence paper together with the Studio Calico FabRips which I've rouched to produce the border under the photos. I made the rosette out of some of the Renown paper, adding some of the chipboard buttons that came with the kit as further embellishment to the page.
The photos are of Molly with her silver ( 2nd place) medal in her song & dance competition at a dance festival last October singing " You're never fully dressed without a SMILE" from the musical Annie.

Now to look for some more photos to match the rest of the kit !

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layouts and such sweet photos too, you have such a photogenic family:D

    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LOs Gwyneth and well done on using PP that you didn't think you could.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some fab layouts Gwyneth, and love the photos of Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them Gwyneth! I love how you used the papers :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pages Gwyneth! It isn't easy to use paper that you really aren't keen on but you have risen to the challenge perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete