Wednesday, 12 February 2014

I had a little shop!

I've been so good in using up the mountain of old papers and I thought I was being very very restraint in not shopping for more. I couldn't resist any longer and had a little shop at Sarah's Cards for the Be Loved collection  by Fancy Pants which had 25% off. While I was at it I also got some Timbergrove. Well with 25% off who could resist and I've got a few " snow" photos from the last year to scrap!!

Here's the first layout using the Be.Loved collection.



Now back to some layouts with old stash !

I had a little of this Songbird collection by Prima still to be used up.



And this one is bits from whatever came to hand LOL! I have a collection of Royal Doulton Ladies in a china cabinet in the lounge. Sophie used to stand in front of the cabinet for ages looking longingly at them. I'm sure she was wishing she could have a little play with them as she used to call them dolls!! She only once attempted to open the door though and having been told" NO THEY ARE NOT DOLLS" she's not attempted to touch them since. I like scrapping little stories that would otherwise be forgotten over time. I think that is what scrapbooking is all about really. It's nice to have the perfect portrait photos but also nice to record incidental moments.

A couple more of Sophie with her Grandparents on her Dad's side. She's very precious to both sides of the family but maybe precious for a different reason to the norm  to her Dad's parents, in so far as she was the first Granddaughter following five Grandsons.



Well it's time to put the washing on the clothes horse in the conservatory AGAIN!! I'm fed up of all this rain but thankful that I don't live in some parts of Britain that are really suffering far more than I am. The river Ouse is pretty high in Bedford but fortunately at the moment the properties along it are not in imminent danger of flooding. Having said that, some of the villages are unfortunately suffering at the expense of keeping Bedford town safe.
I just wish there was a quick answer to it all. My heart breaks for some of the people I've seen on the national news.

Thanks for popping by x



1 comment:

  1. More gorgeous layouts - well done on using up old stash, I have a long way to go before I can start treating myself to new stash LOL!!

    ReplyDelete