Sunday, 19 June 2011

Catching Up !!

Now that the garden is fairly tidy, well at least for a little while with all the bedding plants in place. Half term has been and gone, dancing week-ends have finished until the end of July when we're off to the finals and the babysitting has eased off a little, for a while at least!!. I've finally been able to do some scrapping.
The June kit from Sarah's Cards arrived yesterday. A lovely surprise as it doesn't normally get here until the 20th of each month. It was pouring with rain here so I thought " great, time for some scrapping" so off I went. I made four LO's yesterday from the kit so I'm giving myself a gold star ( ha ha ). The kit was the Cosmo Cricket " Spin me Around" range.

First one is Sophie who had just started to smile at everyone over the Easter week-end! Lots of cutting out on this one



These photos were taken at my mother in law's 90th birthday party last July. At the time she had 11 grandchildren and 18 great grandchildren although there's only 17 of them in the photo as one of them couldn't make it- she did have six children herself. Since then she has had two more great grandchildren, Sophie in January and my niece had a little girl this morning.


Jack finally lost one of his front teeth at the beginning of the month. He's been desperate to do so as all his friends at school have lost theirs and Molly who is only 11 weeks older than him lost both of hers last November.


One of Molly after the Regional Finals at half term when she qualified for the All England Finals which will be held at the Peacock Theatre in London at the end of July.Briefly the jounalling documents the " road to the final" in as much that there's 60 dance festivals throughout England and to get to one of the 6 Regional Finals you have to qualify by gaining 84 marks or over which she did at three different festivals. At the Regionals you have to then qualify to get to the All England Grand Final by getting two out of the possible three honours given out by three adjudicators - Molly managed to get honours from all three of them ! So she's off to the finals. We're all so proud of her.


This one is another I did yesterday from some very old Basic Gray paper. Molly went up to Brownies after the Easter holidays. I'm doing things backwards here though as I haven't scrapped her Rainbow photos yet !!



Now that I've used this months kit up I think it might be a good idea to cut into the others that are waiting to be used up.

Phew that was a long post. I'll try not to let it go so long next time !

8 comments:

  1. My goodness Gwyneth you have been busy. Love how you have used the kit, Love the fussy cutting. Love your work always inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you have been busy Gwyneth, gorgeous pages love all the detail you add :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages as always Gwyneth. You have captured some lovely family memories xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you really have been busy, quick work with the new kit too!! Love your pages :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are certainly making good use of your kit - lovely pages. I love the ballet pose in that beautiful blue tutu...great way to record the event by making a page about it.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Gwyneth, really love all your LOs, they have got so much interest in them! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gwyneth these layouts are absolutely gorgeous - I just love your style xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you have used the kit Gwyneth. You've certainly been busy... got to love bad weather sometimes ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete