Saturday, 30 March 2013

The "extras" from the Retreat

We had two challenges during the retreat week-end. One from a sketch where you could use anything you like and the second one was a kit that you could ONLY use what was in the bag. You were allowed to use tools such as punches etc.

The first one is from the sketch that was provided. I bought these papers with the intention of using some of the reverse non flowery sides for the boys as there isn't a lot around unless you want some dull colours. Anyhow, I decided to use some of it for the challenge so I then had to go and shop some more to replenish the first lot LOL! The papers are Little Yellow Bicycle Just Because.



This second page I have to show you is made from the contents of the kit. When I saw one of the papers I though," Oh my that'a a bit bright and bold" One sheet had really large flowers on it and no way was I going to use that without cutting it up. That's where the flowers came from. I also decoupaged them so it would give it a bit of depth. Punched a few circles layered with some punched butterflies, punched a few borders and layered them and there you have it! The papers are G.c.d. Country Charm



For anyone that has been to Sarah's retreats, they will know how generous the supplies for the classes are. There is always plenty left over to make some additional layouts using the left over stash. This is what I did with this next one. The left overs are from Louise's class, you know the one that had me doodling LOL! I used a sketch from, I think it was pagemaps. I must remember when I print some of these sketches to write on them where I've got them from but I'm pretty sure this was a pagemaps one.




That's it for today. I can only wish everyone a Happy Easter and don't eat too many chocolate eggs!



1 comment:

  1. Three absolutely gorgeous pages Gwyneth. Love the way the colours pop on the last one

    ReplyDelete