Monday, 26 November 2012
Christmas is creeping up on us !!
Yes, it's creeping up very quickly and I can't believe that it's been over two months since I've posted anything on here.The truth is, I didn't have anything for you to see. I haven't done any scrapbooing since the last time I went to the Merly Crop With one thing and another I haven't had the time or if I'm really honest the inclination to scrap.My mojo went AWAL for a while.
Last Saturday was a welcome return when I went to the Christmas crop where we had lovely eats ( they never disappoint) good company and a fab shop to drool over and to spend, something I have no difficulty in carrying out LOL.
Chrissy had on display a beautifully decorated beyond the page shadow advent box that I just couldn't resist.
I've virtually lifted Chrissy's exactly using the same Turtle Dove collection of papers together with the delightful Tim Holtz christmas tree I'm so pleased with how this has turned out. Now all I have to do is to find 25 little bits to fill it so I can give it to Sophie to start opening on Saturday.
It's not that clear in the photo but the Father Christmas at the back is decoupaged in three layers which makes him stand out and give the background a bit of depth, far more effective in real life than what the photo shows.
These are the two layouts that we made with the kit that was featured on Saturday.
Gorgeous designs as usual from Chrissy.
It's a tradition at my daughter's house that Daddy reads the story of "Twas the night before Christmas" to the boys before they go to bed on Christmas eve so I thought I would record that memory for them.
Thanks for popping by and I'll be back a little sooner next time :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Hi Gwyneth,
ReplyDeleteIt looks amazing!! I have mine all ready in front of the fire place, like you though just got to fill it.
Glad you enjoyed the crop.
See you soon,
Chrissy xXx
Lovely LOs - I've been remembering family Christmas traditions and oh how I wish there were photos from that time that I could scrap with.
ReplyDeleteThe Advent is stunning. I have to hang my head this year and admit my countdown isn't finished.
Toni xx